So, we are buying our first house! Well, condo actually, but you get the idea. We can't wait to move out of this basement apartment, specially because the kitchen is moldy, all our stuff are still in boxes and the kids are going nuts.
I realized as we were moving what a big deal moving is to a little child. My son kind of freaked out at first when I told him. I realized after talking to him a little more that he really thought a new house would mean a new mommy and a new daddy. I reassured him that this wasn't the case.
The day we were moving, my 3 year old cried when he saw his bed packed up and his former bedroom empty. He got better, of course, especially when we set up his bed in his new (temporary) bedroom. But for a few days there he needed reassurance that the whole family are staying together and our routines will stay the same.
I'm grateful that this whole event has made me better understand how my son thinks.
2 comments:
HEY, Welcome to Charlottesville... I see in your profile that you knit, and thought I'd invite you to our very casual "stitch-n-bitch" that meets on Wednesday evenings at 7pm at C'ville COffee near the downtown mall. It is a very child-friendly place with toys and large play area and sometimes you'll see my 3yr old daughter there with me. Although, I have to admit that I like to go out without her once in a while! ANyway, hope to see you there some time.
oops - forgot my site...
Post a Comment