Friday, August 12, 2005

Smells like teen angst

My teenaged cousins from Europe came to visit this past week. Thankfully, they've gone home.

You see, I had nicely advised them that it wasn't a good time for them to visit. I was (am) moving, everything's been packed and there's really no place for them to sleep, not to mention my two little kids running underfoot. They insisted on coming anyway.

Their behavior while they were here reminded me how difficult communicating with teenagers are. Now, before you complain about what I just said, I will tell you that yes, I know, not all teenagers are filled with angst and attitude, I know that many are polite and kind. Unfortunately not these two. I'm not even really sure why they insisted on visiting us. I have no idea how their parents put up with them.

My kids are little, but I insist on their saying thank you when given something, expressing gratitude even when they don't like a present, etc.

I really hope my children turns out to be the other kind of teenagers, the ones who even when they have angst, are kind and polite anyway. If you have some of those at home, please feel free send advice my way. I've got a few years to go, but it never hurts to be prepared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Buy bontril online didcounted cyber dog racing

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »